Wednesday press conference tidbits
Alabama head coach Nick Saban met with reporters following Wednesday’s practice and addressed a number of topics surrounding the team, its preparations for Arkansas and more.
- Saban noted that he is pleased with the way the team has practiced. He says the team has improved on their deficiencies from last week. “I think when you play away on the road, you know, in this league, especially the first game on the road, team ability is really important,” Saban said.
- Saban said there is nothing new on injuries. Jalston Fowler’s surgery will be Thursday.
- “This is a game that we’re really looking forward to. It’s a great opportunity,” Saban said. “It’s always great to play in the league and these guys certainly have a very, very good team and one that presents a lot of challenges for us.”
- When talking about the backup quarterback spot, Saban notes that the older guys (Ely and Sims) are the furthest along. The coaching staff wants to use both of the older guys based equally and see which one separates himself from the other. Alec Morris is “not quite ready.”
- When discussing the offensive line, Saban said the unit has responded well in practice this week and that he is pleased with them thus far.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.