Monday evening practice report
The Alabama Crimson Tide continued fall practice on Monday evening with second practice of the day. The Tide practiced in full pads in pleasant, 75-degree conditions.
- There were no players wearing black, no-contact jerseys.
- Injured safety Jarrick Williams was back at practice wearing a brace on his knee but was not dressed out. Williams tore his ACL on Friday.
- Junior running back Jalston Fowler was back working with the running backs, as he was during the second portion of Monday’s media observation period. Fowler worked with tight ends during drills at the beginning of the media observation period on Monday, but he returned to work with the running backs before the session ended.
- The wide receivers went through drills aimed at working on their blocking and footwork.
- Sophomore Christion Jone and freshman Cyrus Jones were both working as slot receivers when the wideouts and quarterbacks went through drills together.
- Senior Michael Williams led the tight ends through drills, followed by Malcolm Faciane and Brent Calloway.
- Sophomore Brian Vogler led the H-backs through drills, followed by Harrison Jones, senior Kelly Johnson and freshman Kurt Freitag.
The Tide will continue practice on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. as it prepares for its opening game on September 1 against Michigan.
About The Author
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.